Coconut Curry Pumpkin Soup
• 2 cups pumpkin, cut into cubes
• ⅓ cup yellow onion, chopped
• ½ clove garlic
• ½ medium sweet apple, cored
• 1 teaspoon curry powder
• ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
• ¼ teaspoon sea salt
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper
• 1 tablespoon cold-pressed coconut oil
• 1 cup light coconut milk
• 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
Place pumpkin into a ziplock bag and drizzle in olive oil and salt. Shake until fully coated with oil. Place onto baking sheet and roast on 180 degrees C in the oven for about 30-40 min or until soft and fork-tender. Allow to cool for 30 min to room temperature. You can accelerate this process by refrigerating the pumpkin for 10-20 min. While the pumpkin is roasting, sauté the onion and garlic until soft and allow to cool.
Add all ingredients to the NutriBullet Tall Cup and blend in multiple batches as necessary.
Heat blended puree over stove top and serve.
Spicy and Lemony Broccoli Soup
• 1 teaspoon avocado oil
• ½ yellow onion, diced
• 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
• 2 cups broccoli florets, frozen
• 1 ½ cups low sodium vegetable stock
• ½ lemon, juiced
• ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
• ½ teaspoon sea salt
• ⅛ red pepper flakes
1. In a medium sauté pan, add avocado oil on medium heat.
2. Add the onions and sauté for 4 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for an additional 2 minutes. Allow to cool.
3. Once onion mixture has cooled, add to the Nutribullet Rx Soup Pitcher, along with all remaining ingredients and extract on the 7-minute heated cycle.
4. Adjust seasonings as desired and serve with some sliced chicken breast and some additional lemon juice and red pepper flakes.