Ever wondered if the time of day you choose to exercise could affect your motivation levels and the results you stand to achieve? It does. Here is what you stand to gain from exercising at different times of the day.
It’s sometimes easier to stay committed to a morning exercise routine because there are fewer distractions to sort through first thing in the morning, as opposed to later in the day. Other advantages of exercising in the morning include:
- Developing stronger self-discipline.
- Feeling more motivated. Completing such a big task before you even head to the office can make you feel like you’re already winning.
- You can use the ‘’afterburn effect’’ a.k.a the excess post-exercise oxygen consumption (EPOC) to your advantage as you continue to burn calories throughout the day when you are eating, instead of at night when you are sleeping.
If you can’t exercise in the morning, it’s not the end of the world. Afternoon exercise has its benefits too. These include:
- Getting a healthy way to work off the tension of the day.
- It may interfere less with your schedule.
- Your muscles will be warmer as your body temperature is higher in the afternoons than it is in the morning. This will leave your muscles more flexible.
Exercise is an essential part of a healthy lifestyle, and the benefits for your health are limitless and remain valid whether you choose to exercise in the morning or evenings.
Did you know that we reward you with more than just Active Dayz™ for staying active? If you meet your weekly exercise goal, you will get Weekly Wins. You can choose your reward between a Dis-Chem or Wimpy vouchers. What are you waiting for, burn those calories and claim your rewards!
You might also want to read this post on staying motivated to exercise during the lockdown.