With flowers blooming and the birds chirpier than usual, it’s no wonder spring is such an exciting and vibrant season. And what better time to get back on track and focus on your fitness goals. Here are three things you can do to refocus on and resume your fitness journey.
1. Create an enabling environment
- Don’t bring unhealthy snacks or junk food home.
- Sleep on time so that you can wake up earlier the following day to allow for some time to exercise and prepare healthy meals
- Experiment with more nutritious recipes for your family. Try these healthier breakfast ideas, healthy food swaps and these game-changing meal prep ideas.
2. Add variety to your workout regime
Avoid doing the same exercises every day to make sure you don’t fall into monotony. Occasionally ditch the dumbbells and go for a bicycle ride around the neighbourhood or an afternoon swim.
3. Set realistic goals
Many people find it easy to start with a bang, but their enthusiasm soon fizzles off. Part of the problem is likely to be that they changed too many things too soon. Gradually increase the intensity of your workouts, instead of going straight into professional athlete mode, unless if you are training to be one. You know what they say about how to cook a frog, right?
Let us make your fitness journey more exciting
Momentum Multiply members get up to 30% off New Balance gear! Did somebody say shopping spree? You can also get great discounts on fitness devices on the Multiply online shop and so much more. Visit our partner rewards page to see all the discounts you can enjoy.
Heading back to the gym? Read this post first.