Looking after your car can help extend its longevity and contribute to you having many happy trips. If you plan on driving your car – hassle-free for many years, the following car maintenance tips will come in handy.
1. Don’t ignore the signs Don’t ignore the check engine light, even
- Don’t ignore the check engine light, even when the car drives fine.
- Attend to any unusual sounds from your car.
2. Take the necessary precautions
- Read the owner’s manual; it will save you many unnecessary mistakes.
- Take your car for an annual MultiPoint Vehicle safety check for just R99.
- Follow the recommended servicing schedule.
- Change oil and fluids regularly.
3. Pay attention to your tyres
Your car’s tyres are the only part of your car that comes into direct contact with the road. Keeping them in good condition is very important for your safety.
- Check your tyre pressure monthly.
- Avoid driving into potholes.
- Don’t overload your car.
You might want to read this post on tyre care tips to help keep safe on the road.
4. Check your battery
A faulty battery can cause your car to stop working. It wouldn’t be fun if that happened on a remote road at night. Make sure you check the condition of your battery regularly.
You may be interested in this Motoquip 6 Amp battery charger for just R489.
Have you read our safety tips for driving at night?